Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Finally, it lives!


Fired it up and test ran it about 3 weeks ago. Ran good! Need to pull valve covers off and adjust a few of the lifters down, but I'll do that when it gets into the truck. Whenever that may be. Gonna get it home, touch up paint it, detail it a bit more, but time to get back to work on the rest of the truck, now that the power plant is done. I may have it chassis dyno'd in the future when the trucks done, but I estimate 425HP, 515ft.-lbs TQ. @ the crank. So probably 350HP and 400Ft-lbs @ the wheels based on about a 20% drive train loss. Remember this so we can see how close I am in my guess a year from now... Enjoy.


1 comment:

  1. fucking sweet. I wanted to scream like we would when d white started the monte carlo, but the baby is sleeping

    ReplyDelete