Saturday, January 28, 2012

Mind as slow as the body is fat

Ricks Popocycle's battery needs replaced, but still can be charged enough to troubleshoot some stuff. Plugged it in and turned the ignition key on, we have lights.

The side stand light stays lit, and when the button is pressed to start there is nothing. no clicks or ticks. Went through the rats nest in the front and removed the old police fairing harness.

All of this took longer than needed because I want to sleep. Foggy mind.

Went through and checked connectors for cleanliness and made sure they were all the wires going into them were in good shape. Everything looks good.

I am going to look and the kill switch and start switch tomorrow or as soon as I get a chance. If that doesn't help the bike make clicky-clicky noises, I'll probably have to take my pants off and check the side stand switch.

Maybe I should check the side stand first. Its in neutral though so it should start even if the switch says the stand is down.

I'll have to consult the GS map of electrickery.

Need to work on the XL125 too, see if it is worth the cost of repair.

I hope the baby sleeps better tonight.

2 comments: