Friday, August 17, 2012

XL125 engine teardown continued

So I started following the destructions on how to disassemble the engine.

I couldn't find the marks to align the camshaft to take it out. I saw it wasn't needed though. I had to gently pry the head from the cylinder a bit to separate them. One of the cylinder mount bolts had threads too big to go through the grommet-thing on the cylinder, so my engine tear down tech support a.k.a. the Mayor recommended "double-nutting it".

I'm just going to say that between way too many hours on the googles and working for a parks and rec department and seeing some things...I had to have him specify just what that meant.

A quick call from him solved my confusion and now the top end is off.


Add caption

its okay to use the white towels marked "rag"

Cam shaft, timing chain sprocket removed

Exhaust valve adjust-a-ma-bob

I'm sure I'll have time to finish this soon. I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment