Saturday, June 6, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend road trip day #1

The mayor reached the house before noon and we headed out after he unloaded some things.

Our first stop was an Arby's.

I was carded for my purchase. He was Mayor'd, not carded and an upgrade on his drink.

Seriously.

Liberace was not nerded out like I usually do with cameras and a GPS, so when we reached Memphis, I couldn't get my camera out in time to get a pic of the pyramid, Mississippi river, bridge, or welcome to Arkansas sign.

Luckily, there was road construction as the Mayor needed gas.

First Gas station west of the Mississippi


By the time we stopped for gas again, I think we were near little rock.

The mayor goes inside to mark his territory, I nerd out on my phone.

I finally get Mayor'd.

Except my experience goes:

*Young man wearing sweatpants with one leg pulled all the way up, like mid-thigh*
"You rollin' with a bike crew?"
"Uh, no? Just my buddy and I."
"Aiiight, got any droogs?"
At this point I was about to say, no its an iPhone. Then I realized he was asking for drugs. It kinda sounded like droids.
"Uh, no. No drugs man. Sorry."
*The young man saunters off*

The rest of the trip The mayor heckles me about droids.

 








































I think this was taken after I didn't have the droids the young man was looking for.



After this it was a quick ride through to Hot Springs, and our first bit of rain leading up to the first hotel instead of camping.




Good Mexican restaurant. It's the bright pink one, don't pass it if you are in town.

















No comments:

Post a Comment