Monday, January 2, 2017

Lake Michigan: August 2017?

Day 1:
Meet in Michigan City - Ride coastline to H-D Museum - Dinner in German Town (I know a good spot)
This map lies,,,it's really 8 hours (From my house) not following 94 the whole way. Figure +2 hours for you day 1?

Day 2: 10 hours without counting stops? That's more like it!
Head up the Kewaunee - Lambeau Field - Escanaba - Sault Ste, Marie



Day 3: Leave the Sault - Cross the Bridge (No eating in St. Ignace at the shitty place with the awesome view!) - Check out wilderness State park (I left this day shorter to kill time here & make up for the long haul of day 2) - Legs Inn! - Tunnel of Trees - coastline around to the Dunes and finish in Manistee or Ludington (7 hours)

Day 4: Luddington to Michigan City: taking scenic road as much as possible (4 hours) - Split and head home.

5 comments:

  1. So a few things:
    It seems the embed maps revert back to Google's route sometime & not my custom one, so times are not accurate. always.
    Day 1 is really like 8 hours of riding ( thisnk we could push past Milwaukee into Kewa Pen. & camp?
    Day 2 is about 10 hours of riding
    Day 3 6-7, but I figure we'd want to stop and explore Wilderness state park & dunes.
    Day 4 4 hours & then home.
    If we are behind a lot on time, we can bypass the scenic drives here & there & gain hours back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good plan. I hope the leg's inn wait staff returns.

      Delete
  2. You know, spending the night in the Sault might be cool and it'll be a long day of riding, but I've never gone over the bridge at night...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know man. How will we know if our legs are kicked out?

      Delete
    2. Seriously though, I am all for it.

      Delete