Friday, March 2, 2012

2 out of 3 aint bad

Waiting on the headlight for the GS1100GL. Rode it up and down the street. New air box fit like it was made for it!

Next, the xl125. It's fucked. Changed oil, checked breaker point and timing, rebuild the carbs, replaced broken left and right hand levers. Installed new petcock. Kicked it over, ran for a second. Kicked it through again and whatever seized it for the neighbor hooked me up. I think it's in the starter gearing. I can still try to bump start it while in gear. Well, could. It crapped out more.

So since I had time I through the BFF sissy bar on ole reliable and installed the saddle bags and the bracers for them. I'll take the sissy back off when the XS goes to powder coat.

Little dirt bike stopped working. Nephews were riding it(it is theirs after all). Happened right after I caught them checking for gas with a twig. I'm sure I just need to unclog the tank.


Lots of progress.

Wife took the kids to her mother's for the day.


1 comment: