Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Gift from the wife

So my wife offers to bring home a workbench/counter from her place of work. Says she thought it would help me in the garage, more workspace and more storage. I was on cloud 9! I unloaded and moved everything around. Straining to move benches and cabinets in the garage to make space. I think I may have made my hemorrhoid worse. Oh yeah I forgot to tell you I think I have a hemi. Anyway, as I cut and trim and wedge and shim this bad mammajamma into place I get a cold feeling inside my soul. I brush it off and finish the work for the night as my beautiful wife puts our crotch goblins to bed. Then while talking to her before hitting the showers, she tells me it will look so nice and organized when some people come over to look at the house to see if they want to buy it. There. That was the reason for the sense of dread. I may end up in a neighborhood with a homeowners assoc and 5.5 less acres than I have now.
There goes the 40x60 pole barn.
There goes my little clubhouse.
I want my wife to be happy, and I know she hates the commute and the time away from the kids.
I feel for her, but I also want to rent a corpse from the local morgue to place nonchalantly in the house while these people come to visit.

Maybe the next house will be on more acreage.
Before
After, but still in progress

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, the suburbs aren't too bad...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I cant pee outside my garage door in a neighborhood. I'll have to go inside like a girl, or risk becoming a sex offender

      Delete