Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Friday May 17th. Dragon's poop-chute

So we took a back roads as much as possible to get to the Dragon's Tail. Nice views everywhere. Went through a ton of traffic in the federal park. There was a bear we didn't see but all the sightseers did. Ken asked someone as we were stopped. They told him what the dilly was.

Too bad Ken didn't have a $160 intercom unit attached to his helmet and could tell us.
Ken leaving breakfast. He came out thinking the Mayor was in the toilet. He was goofing off in there for a stranger.
I was the same as Ken, but I was goofing off in there with Mayor for the stranger.


The GPS told me this is Cades Cove Loop. Goes through a National Park. Don't recollect which one it was.

Lots of nice scenery, lots of traffic to slow us down and force us to enjoy it.

The fellas

I'm thinking if it wasn't for selfies, I wouldn't have pics to prove I ever go on these trips. Mayor forgot his tank bag at the cabin this day. But he took the same amount of photos as when he has it and a video camera.

Line o traffic


More proof for the wives' that we don't just stem the rose on these trips



Hey guy

Add caption


They asked if I wanted a brother sandwich, being a fattie I said yes. It wasn't edible.

I'll find the name of this road later. Cades Cove hits an intersection in the park and if you go straight its a dirt road. I didn't realize how long it was going to be. These photos are taken after our initial shock going up the mountain. Well maintained for the most part, so it wasn't too bad. There were washout areas that were a bit more squirrelly, especially on a cruiser.

Slow down, they're back there


This road literally pops out halfway through the dragon. There was a bunch of guys on bikes pulled off to shoot the shit that were absolutely flabbergasted when 3 bikes popped out of the woods and rode off towards NC.

4 comments:

  1. I'm still pissed I forgot the video camera back at Bobarosas. Rode all that way down starring at the handle bar mount too. I would loved to have pulled a still off of it of their faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "There was a bunch of guys on bikes pulled off to shoot the shit that were absolutely flabbergasted when 3 bikes popped out of the woods and rode off towards NC."

    Awesome. Completely awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their reaction would not have been better if it were scripted.

      Delete