Monday, October 7, 2013

Motorcycle riding in the rain

Driving home on Sunday thru the already horrible state of Ohio, I witnessed two dudes on a motorcycle trip, riding in the rain. One had a newer BMW, and the other had an older more "vintage" BMW. They didn't really look like they were driving like idiots. I explained to the Mayor that newer BMW was passing me, and I looked in my rearview mirror to find the other one, just in time to see the dude lose control of his bike, send it smashing into the concrete barrier and watch him skid across the ground on his back. Luckily it appeared that he had a jacket with one of the back plate things. He looked like an upside down turtle. Anyway, I promptly freaked out, started honking at the buddy that had just gotten 5' past my car, he looked at me like I was nuts for a few feet, then turned his head around to see his homeboy laid out on the road and a bunch of other cars (including me) pulling over, one car blocking the lane that he and his bike remains were in so that no one would make him roadkill. Upright buddy turned around, gave me a wave, and went to Turtle buddy's side. Grounded buddy got up and walked over to the side of the road, so I knew he was mostly ok. If you guys do anything to get hurt on this trip, I will make you get tricycles and you will only be riding to bike nights at old flea markets from then on. To start. Back up plan is scooter bike nights. You can take your moms with you.

3 comments:

  1. Really? I think we will be okay. I'll slow down if it rains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes. I am sure you guys will be ok. I just wanted to tell you the story because it is a good reminder. Since you guys are dare devils.

      Delete
    2. Your husband is not a daredevil. I never intend to be daring, its usually a mistake when I do something like that. Your brother-in-law on the other hand, ol' Eval KENeval is a different story. He ghost rides his bike.

      Delete