Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Back at it

I've been putting off the XJ for a long time. I tore it down in December...of 2012. Too many other things have come up that are higher priority. After Barber, I was motivated more by the VJMC. I got back to my machine shop & after a long talk with the old boss he got busy for me.
Time to get back at it.
Fresh honed jug. O/S pistons are N/A. I sent the stock ones out to be coated.

 Head cleaned, 3 angle valve job on seats. Vales cut & butted.
Valves installed
Springs installed.

Springs & retainers put in order.

Using a Golfers multi-tool to compress springs. My normal spring tool wont work on this style head. This tool works well.

  
So well I gave it a thumbs up!
This is all just a mock-up. I have to check the lash the disassemble, adjust & reassemble. That will be up next. More to come.

1 comment:

  1. That bandage just to give your thumb more girth when you sit on it?

    ReplyDelete