Monday, January 6, 2014

Breakfast at Sloans and swap meet

Sloans Motorcycle had their first pancake breakfast of the year on the 4th. Took big 'J' little 'ake'.
Played and sat on a bunch of 'dirtbikes' and 'golfcarts'.
Every motorcycle is a dirtbike, and any utility vehicle like a mule or gator is a golfcart.
he wasn't a fan of blueberries in the pancakes.

He wanted this one

he wanted this golfcart too

I didn't let him sit on the Indians

In retrospect, I should have had him push one over so we'd have to buy it.

He like the faces on the front fenders, he was able to see it better on the older yellowed one

The right color
So we had a bunch of fun and tried some helmets on that we thought would fit him.
The staff was great as always and encouraged us to sit on the bikes and have fun. I thought this was a normal thing sales people did to try to get a sale.

Next we went to the 3rd annual Motorama:
Coolest car there.

"why are is there fire on that car?"

"I want to sit in the bathtub"

Thought I took more picks of the actual swap meet. this was one corner. it was pretty packed.

 Then it was off to the local kids science center.
Nissan had a section. Thought the Mayor would like an engine pic.
 After this we ate lunch and went to the Cool Springs Harley Davidson. No pics there. We sat on one bagger becasue he thought it was like grandpas. As soon as we sat on it a salesman swooped down on us and told us to be careful not to scratch the paint, refering to Jake. Jake was just sitting on the back seat and saying he liked the chair and he could take a nap in it. wasn't kicking or horsing around. I don't know if that was a reflection of that douchebag sales person, or harley dealers as a whole. I haven't had good experiences at the HD dealer(Bumpus) in Mufreesboro either, though that was with the parts department and I didn't have kids with me.
The sales floor there was filled with tons of weekend warrior badasses too. I can't stand those guys. Dentist by day, wicked badass when the knees are in the breeze.

I'm looking at a Springer. Not for any harley, but a springer. When I get mine, I refuse to wear the black shirt and jeans uniform. I'm going to wear anything but. I may buy Honda shirts to wear while riding.

I want people to know I'm not a badass. My tag frame will have something akin to 'my other bike is a minivan' on it.

When I'm ready to buy it, I'm taking my son with me. I'll put him on a bike with me and see what the reaction is. If the sales person is okay, I'll buy one from them. if not, I'm taking my money elsewhere.

7 comments:

  1. Word. That a 57 Nomad? It does look nice. The new Indians are cool. Victory has a few models I like better now too. I like Indians Big Chief, but @ 38k, I'd rather have a 40's like the one Dave bought at Barber. We have a good HD dealer here, but also a bad one. Its no different than good & bad car dealerships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the Indians are priced from 19k to 24k.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're correct. I haven't looked at 2014's. Polaris made major cost cuts, or plan on pushing a lot more product.
    2012 & 2013 Chief Vintage LE models were 35k & 37999k. I do like the Vintage, but I fear I'd buy a fringe jacket to match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already going to put tassels on my next bike. fringe jacket isn't too far from that

      Delete
  5. Oh yeah, that 1st pic of Jake eating pancakes, he almost looks like a fully grown midget.

    ReplyDelete