Saturday, January 4, 2014

International Motorbike show

Took the family to the International Motorcycle show in Novi, MI today. Always nice to see new models & the show bikes. I didn't take a ton of pics. Its hard with a stroller, a kid that wants to be held & not held at the same time & crowds. Sorry Russ, I didn't know you were interested in Indians or I would have snapped some. Cycle World did a Chieftain/Street Glide comparison last month. It got good reviews. I'm still in limbo on my future bike. I really like the new Ducati Monster 1200S (not pictured). Fast, light, nimble. Then the BMW 1200GS Adventure, more rugged, comfort on a long haul. And last, the HD VRod. Fast, but not too fast, looks good. But so low to the ground, it'd never survive the dragons backdoor, or that sort of trail. Guess I stick with the VStar a few more years. I see why you always go back the Shadow. I need a 4 car garage & a better job so I can own a bike for every purpose.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not particularly fond of the Indians, they look pretty in the pictures. When I saw them in person today at the dealer, I was just shocked how nice they really were.
    I know they have a big brand behind them now, but I am still going to wait and see if this umpteenth version of the brand lasts long enough for me to buy in

    ReplyDelete