Saturday, May 5, 2012

2nd annual spring road trip! UPDATED:5/7/12!

I spent some time this morning mapping possible routes and came up with this.
Southern spring road trip part deuce

We could maybe do all of Blue Ridge, but the trip would be so tight on time we'd be in the saddle for 12-15hrs. a day again. I'd like to have more time to stop and enjoy stuff. If you can ride into Monday, that's be sweet. I figure if I leave home @ 6am Saturday, I can be in Florence y'all by 11:30. Eat lunch, leave Florence y'all by 12:30, get to Deals Gap by 6:30.(I added and hour almost to each leg to account for gassy pissy stops) Make camp, hit some roads till dark, eat. Sunday morning hit up the roads, jump on Blue Ridge, and take it about half way, shoot north thru Virgina, maybe dip our toes into WV just cause we're so close, and make camp near the Virginia/Kentucky border. Monday maybe do a little morning  back road riding to Lexington, then split up for home. If I leave Lexington by 12pm I should still make it home by 7pm. We'll see how it goes and how tired we are I guess. We may make better time than I plan and get further, it's all subjective, but this gives us a rough outline. As you can see I avoided all expressways, so if we get too far behind we can always opt for the faster route.

UPDATE: We are stopping in Little Switzerland! NC BBQ! http://switzerlandcafe.com/
I'll keep searching for the best eats on the trip. No Boonesville chicken sandwhich in a double wide for us this trip! Remember that dude that couldn't understand me say "can I get some mayo" He had to send out another person to translate. "mayo? maaayyyo? Oh! You mean May-youhn-aaaise!"

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan. I have my permission slip signed for Monday as well. Let's do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. we'd invite you but condoms only have 2 sides. We wouldn't want it to get awkward.

      Delete
  3. Well who is going to hold the camera then?

    ReplyDelete