Sunday, February 12, 2012

1974 Honda XL125

So I'm trying to see if this bike is worth the time and money to fix. Neighbor said the bike just quit on him, and he thought he had ran it out of oil and the engine seized on him. Engine kicks over, and I had to do a quick and dirty carb clean, as shown in a earlier post. I put all the old parts back in the carb and had to try it getting it to run with starting fluid, since the petcock on the tank was frozen in the off position.
I kicked the bugger through a few times and it wanted to start. I tried again and felt a weird "kick-back" on the starter pedal.
After that I tried kicking it through and everything was normal. Squirt a bit more fluid and it did it again when it wanted to start.

Ideas? I've never felt something like that on the XL100, nor the XT350.

oh yeah forgot to mention both the clutch lever and the front brake lever are snapped off at the pivot point. makes kicking a blast.

thats the carb kit from the xl100, neighbor cannibalized one of the jets from the 125 to keep the 100 running, so i returned the jet to its rightful place.     











No comments:

Post a Comment