Friday, February 3, 2012

GS1100 impatience 5 minutes to work

 So I touched the battery terminal to the starter lead, to see if this bike would turn over. So much time reading the Suzuki manual while rocking a baby, not enough time allowed for turning the wrenches.

There is a missing ground that went from the wire harness to the (-) terminal on the battery. I see it in the manual, there was a ring terminal with no wire connected on the terminal when I swapped the battery out.

Cant get the side stand light to go out.

Neutral light will not illuminate.

Starter wont turn over by the use of the button.

The ground cable on the battery was disconnected from both the batter and the bike when I got the bike home. I looked for places on the frame and the engine to mount the terminal to, and ended up mounting it to the engine case. I wonder if that choice of ground could cause any of this.

I need more electrickery knowledge.



1 comment:

  1. No, you should be good. The engine bolts to the frame, so same difference on grounds. Just make sure the spot you picked isn't covered in paint or corrosion.

    Gotta be in that side stand switch. How does that switch work? is it normaly off or normaly on? Your bypass wire may actually be sending it the stand is down signal. Some switches work backwards....

    ReplyDelete