Saturday, February 4, 2012




So, above pic is the forks that came on the bike. As you can see they are rusty. Too rusty in fact. Not worth the time to try and de-rust and re-chrome, so I've been shopping around on ebay for a better set. The pic below I scored these upper and lower pairs for $39.95, by far the best shape at the cheapest price I've seen so far. A little semichrome polish and they be looking nice. I plan on running the fork bellows anyways so most of the upper will be covered. The nice thing is the seals look good and the springs feel like new, however I'll probably go through them just to be safe. It pays NOT to impulse buy on ebay. Be patient, I saw most forks going for 60-70 and they looked as bad as mine.
The pic below I'm holding the fork center to the axle to show how much extension was in the old ones. These stock forks ought to put this front end back down 3 1/2".
Seat pan showed up. Looks nice. Carpy really does nice work. This is the first of many pieces to come from him. He's the man on CB 750 cafe parts. http://www.cb750cafe.com/


Just a quick mock up, I threw it on the bike to see how it might look. I needed this part to determine if I really want to extend the frame and swing arm. I like the wheel mostly under the tail of this pan, So if I go with the 2" extended arm, I'll have to stretch the frame 2" from the tank back to keep the look, other wise the wheel will stick out further than I'd visually like. Or, I run stock length swing arm and call it a day and run stock size rear tire...

I'll toss those clubmans you gave me on tomorrow and see what that looks like. Those shitty bars gotta go!

5 comments:

  1. Don't toss your old bars, I may gank them if you dont want them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh can you email me the spacer comparison pic, I cant get this one to enlarge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah ill send it. The old bars were bent on the left side but I'll let ya look em over before I scrap em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrap the bars, I forgot they were bent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will do. haven't touched the Cb in a week, but hopefully I'll find time this weekend to pull those old forks off and mount the clubmans on.

    ReplyDelete