Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Biohazard & Strippers





So the tank that came on the CB Was painted with some type of hammer tone epoxy paint. It needs to be blasted to come off. Doesn't matter, that tank was soooo rusty inside I'm not using it, but Kerry Mclean will need it for a template/prototype.

Biohazard came off ebay for 23.95. Pretty good considering I saw some for 399. No dents! Unfortunately under the biohazard scheme was a bumble bee, metallic red under that, silver base coat, and finally the factory green. 2 cans of aircraft paint stripper, a plastic putty knife, and some elbow grease got the job done. Solid tank, No rust!
Next stop is the welder. But first I gotta finish getting bike torn down, and set money aside for the tank and frame. Probably be spring before that happens. I'll get the pics of the forks up soon as I take them.

2 comments:

  1. You should have taken pics if each layer. I think all of
    Your hello kitty stickers would have looked sweet on a metallic red background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm more of a before & after kinda guy. Plus I was doing it at work. But its not like I'm writting a mag story or a guide.

    ReplyDelete