Wednesday, February 15, 2012

So I'm a bit re-re

GS1100: Need to fix/replace the kill switch, after using a jumper on it, pulling in the clutch lever the start button engages the starter. Still don't know why the neutral light isn't working. Going to check the bulb. Dunno why the side stand light isn't going out.

Dad sat down and started methodically checking wires and connectors, saw I put a wire on the wrong post.

XL125: he says the kick back on the starter pedal could be the spark igniting the fuel too soon before TDC. I'll check the points too to make sure the set screw didn't rattle loose while the neighbor was riding it years ago. Could that have advanced the timing too soon?

P.s. I'm hiding in the laundry room.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I suppose too there's a chance that if there was a sticky exhaust valve, it could have been compression blow back, like a back-fire.

    ReplyDelete